Antique Varnish finish
I’m amazed at how stunning the antique varnish finish looks, however, in all the pictures I’ve seen, it appears to be very red.  So while I think it’s beautiful, it may be a bit too loud and red for my tastes.  Does anyone think this finish might mellow out over time, maybe turn a little more brown as the spruce ages?
It's hard to say.  It's definitely a color, though, that doesn't photograph well.  I have an E10SS/v and I love it, and mine doesn't look as red as it did in the pictures.  It's more of a darker orange.  Regardless, I was also a bit concerned about the color, but I really do like it, and the feel is outstanding. The relic'ing on mine is also as subtle as I've seen, which I like.  Some are a bit overdone for my tastes.  It's currently my favorite guitar (of 3 eastmans and a martin).
Cachecropp and Pura Vida like this post
Eastman:
Soon... I don't know what I was thinking

Non-Eastman:
2005 Gibson Songwriter Deluxe
Martin 000 Jr.
Mine is definitely red with moderate relic-ing, and it looks very cool and unique.  I am not expecting the color to fade or change, but anticipate some natural wear will join the wear that came with the purchase.  Smile
Cachecropp likes this post
"It's only castles burning." -- Neil Young

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Varnish vs Classic finish??? Shishigashira 1 2,792 10-09-2020, 05:50 PM
Last Post: Pura Vida